Re: str_replace question

Norland, Martin wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Bastien Koert [mailto:bastien_k@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: str_replace question

[snip]

A neat little trick would be to create the initial part of the

statement with a predefined where clause based on some record state. For instance, we use a record_deleted field, since we don't delete data. He could start his statement by automatically looking for it

select * from tablename where record_deleted = 'No'

then any additional clauses that get added all require the AND

keyword. No more problem

bastien

Alternatively, as mentioned before - something that evaluates to true.

The Answer**:
select * from tablename where 42

** to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

your killing me, Martin! :-)

- Martin Norland, Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257 The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.