Re: PHP query to mysql database returns emtpy data, butQuery Browser shows records

jwalker wrote:

No the category field is varchar(250) and uses spaces to parse each element within the field.

The database is an osCommerce hybrid - not my own. The values within the category field go from one number to an X set of numbers, separated by spaces. This is making development rather difficult and painful.

Jason,
I thought it was something like that - sounds nasty, you poor man!
anyway can you confirm that the value in your where clause (as given in your example query) actually exists in the DB.

also things to try maybe:

1. test the problem on another machine
2. update php to latest release of you version (probably php4)
3. cut and paste a known value from the category field out of the DB and perform the query again with this value pasted into the query literally (rather than building the value from the various vars) to confirm the problem.

good luck