Re: is this a problem ?

On Tue 28 Dec 04, 11:44 AM, Miles Thompson <milesthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> At 09:25 AM 12/28/2004, amol patil wrote:
> > hallo,
> >
> > i have changed file   signup1.php with login1.php, in action fied of form
> >
> > <form name="form1" method="POST" action="----------">
> >
> > and saved .
> >
> > but when i run this file and click on submit button,  it still shows old
> > sighnup1.php. and data is also not entering in database. while it data was
> > entering in databse  before this. but not now with this change.
> >
> > no error shown. only shows previous page and no data entry
>

> There are scores of examples / tutorials on this. Google turned up 6,070
> hits on this expression:
>
>         "add user" php mysql example
>
> Here's one of them, although it assumes register globals is on
>
>         http://www.php-scripts.com/php_diary/072000.php3
>
> Why don't you pick one, work with it and adapt it to your needs.
>
> However, why is your form's action parameter set to a string of hyphens?
>
> Regards - Miles Thompson

Agreed.  Also, you'd get *much* better replies to your request for help if
you read this:

Sometimes it's very difficult to ask a good question, and I think esr breaks
his own rule ("volume is not precision"), but he says all the right things,
and has some excellent advice.

This isn't meant to be a put-down or a joke.  Most people think that asking
a question absolves them of thinking.  Like a quick-fix.  On the contrary,
asking a good question can be a lot of work.

Respectfully,
Pete