From: Mark Benson <markbenson@xxxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin versions...
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:58:08 +0000

I am running MySQL 3.23.49 under Windows NT (XP Home). I also run PHP 4.3.9 on the same server, and use phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl2 for admin to my databases. I cannot upgrade to MySQL 4.x becuase apparently the MySQL API included with my PHP distro is not up to date enough to work with the revised security system in MySQL 4. I can't find a newer or better binary distro of PHP4 with a more suitable API, nor do i have the time, facilities or knowledge to bake my own from the source.

Any suggestions, as I really need some of the facilities in MySQL 4.1.x?

P.S. for Matrin Nowland - thanks for the help on the 'ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE' thing, I didn't realise it was a new thing in MySQL 4.1.0! <goes away to kick himself ;-)>

--
Mark Benson

http://homepage.mac.com/markbenson