Re: connection pooling

Hello,

On 12/05/2004 05:42 PM, Jan Bro wrote:
is there anybody out there, who could help me in finding something I know
from good old java: Connection Pooling.

Is there a mechanism or project that provides that for PHP 5? Reason I
create a 20 page pdf with data out of MySQL 4.1
(that means using the mysqli methods) where I require a couple of shots at
my database. The whole process is realy slow
and i think the bottleneck is the database connection.

That has nothing to do with connection pooling. Connection pooling only makes your database accesses slower. They are meant to handle more simultaneous users but that does not seem to be your problem.

What you need to do is to benchmark and profile your scripts to see which parts are consuming most of the time. If it turns out to be the actual MySQL queries, you need to optimize them eventually using indexes or avoiding expensing SQL expressions. If the problem is on the PHP side, you need to see what your code is doing to make it do it faster.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/