Re: Basic JOIN tutorial - RE: [PHP-DB] Job interview test - I give up...

--- "Gryffyn, Trevor" <TGryffyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> If you have Microsoft Access or something else that
> graphically lets you
> create queries, you might try building a query that
> you know works and
> returns what you need, then looking at the SQL VIEW
> to see how the
> syntax goes.  It can help you understand how to do
> the raw SQL yourself.

Quick comment, most database tools these days have a
graphic query builder.  I have them for mySQL.  It has
helped me, because even in the graphic builders you
still need to know whether it's a left right , outter
inner, full join.  So, the builder gets all the other
stuff out of the way, all the code, and would let you
focus on the join type.  A click of the mouse and you
can switch the join type, run the query and see the
difference in results.  Kind of neat.

Stuart