RE: password encryption

Hah.. Because I figured it wouldn't be an accepted solution by "real
security" people. :)  I've used it too.  Also used the md5_file()
function to create a duplicate file scanner for my home PC.

The only problem with using MD5 or another one-way solution on a general
site that doesn't require super-security is that when people forget
their password, you have to do a "Click this to reset your password",
have it reset to something random, then have them change it when they
log in.  There's no "Send me my password" ability, which I find kind of
useful on general sites that make you log in (free registration and
such).

As for why you're in the direct mail.. I don't know.  I just did "Reply
all" to the original question and you must have been in it. :)

Just enjoy the love and stop complaining. Hah.

-TG