Re: IIS and php sessions

> From: "Adil" <aasheer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm trying to get sessions in php working on IIS
> and I've noticed that that needs to be configured
> manually for IIS. But what exactly does that mean?
> I can't find a good step by step source about
> this issue so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Ensure session.save_path is valid in php.ini (ensure the directory exists and that's where you want to save session files)

2. Ensure the IUSR_<computer_name> user has access to read and write to the directory in session.save_path. PHP runs as the IIS user when installed as a module, which is the IUSR_<computer_name> user by default

3. Sessions should work. Run a simple test to find out.

<?php

session_start();

$_SESSION['count']++;

echo "You've been here {$_SESSION['count']} times.";

?>

Any issues, let me know.

---John Holmes...

UCCASS - PHP Survey System