Re: session_destroy();

Chris Payne wrote:

I need to destroy a session in the browser so when they log out it clears
all the session data from the browser, I have tried:

session_destroy();

But it doesn’t seem to do it as the browser keeps the same PHPSessionID.

What is the best way to destroy a session and generate a new sessionid
without having to close the browser and go back again?

the session_id and the session-data is not the same, the session-data is destroyed with session_destroy() but the session_id is kept within a cookie (or as an url-parameter)

you can php tell to user another session_id, but this changes nothing than the id, it makes no sense for you, except you saved the session_id in any logging-facility and thats the reason why you always need a new session_id.

sebastian