Re: session_destroy();

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 01:00:12 -0500, Chris Payne <cjp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there everyone,
>
> I need to destroy a session in the browser so when they log out it clears
> all the session data from the browser, I have tried:
>
> session_destroy();
>
> But it doesn't seem to do it as the browser keeps the same PHPSessionID.
>
> What is the best way to destroy a session and generate a new sessionid
> without having to close the browser and go back again?

Did you unset the session variables using:

// Unset all of the session variables.
$_SESSION = array();

If you are using a cookie for the session id, you might also want to
delete the cookies

if (isset($_COOKIE[session_name()])) {
  setcookie(session_name(), '', time()-42000, '/');
}

Do these before calling session_destroy.

check it out here.

http://www.php.net/session_destroy

HTH