RE: php & mssql

Th cols are likely defined as CHAR not as VARCHAR. CHAR cols will pad out the length of the value to the full width of the column...change the type to varchar...

bastien

From: "Dale Hersowitz" <dale_news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  php & mssql
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:36:25 -0700

Recently, I had to format my db server and when I re-attached the database,
I noticed some unusal behavior. I have some fields in certain tables with a
width of 60. When I would extract data from the table for that specific
field, the data would contain extra blank chars. As a result, I am forced to
use the trim function to get rid of the extra chars. This problem has never
occured before and I now find it quite annoying. Does anybody have any
ideas?

Thanks,
Dale