From: dpgirago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dpgirago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 11:14 AM
To: Perry, Matthew (Fire Marshal's Office)
Subject: RE:  setting root password

try

mysql\> use mysql

then

mysql\>show tables

is the user table there?

if not, have you dropped the user table?

David

"Perry, Matthew (Fire Marshal's Office)" <Matthew.Perry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

10/19/2004 11:09 AM

php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cc:

RE:  setting root password

I entered select user();

It outputs:

user()
root@localhost

After I enter:
SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost=PASSWORD('mypassword');

ERROR 1146: Table mysql.user does not exist.

How is this possible?

- Matt