downloading from database

Hey everyone,

I have a question about downloading from a mySQL database, running php on
Apache.

Basically right now I'm working on this file upload download tool.  You
login, see a list of files, (upload functionality works great).  You click
on a file name which pops up the new file in a new browser window.  This new
page contains a "download" button under where it displays the file(image,
swf, pdf, etc).

What I want to happen is that when I click on the download button I want the
file to download to my machine.  Instead right now, it just downloads the
page that the button is on.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Adil.