Re: Suggestions for record insertion

Stuart Felenstein wrote:

I've put together a long form that spans 5 tables of
the database. Once the user has reached the final page I want to
insert into database but wonder what the logical steps
would be.
I'll be reading through manual , but thought I'd ask
about things like "rollback". I'm guessing that for
whatever reason, insert into say the 3rd table failed,
it's going to take a decent amount of code to delete
the records from the first 2 tables ?

Basically I'm open to any ideas on this, while I
search out the manual.

You need to use transactions. Search your database's manual on how to use them.

--

---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com