Re: Arabic characters displayed as garbage !!

try using utf-8 character encoding, see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Charset-Unicode-sets.html

bastien

From: martin73@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "Dre" <dre00x@xxxxxxxxx>
CC: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Arabic characters displayed as garbage !!
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:36:01 +1300 (NZDT)

By default, MySQL uses the ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) character set. I guess you
need to set this parameter to something suitable for Arabic (if it is
supported by MySQL). I suggest you read "The Character Set Used for Data
and Sorting" part of MySQL manual. That's all I can help with.

Cheers

Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has to offer. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.