RE: microsoft access

ADODB is a PHP abstraction layer class. In other words it hides the fact
that it is using the odbc extension to connect to Access. And, it has
another driver that uses the COM extension to connect to Accesss
(ado_access).

Basically there are only 3 options for connecting to Access from PHP. They
are odbc, COM and odbtp. So, the comparison must be done amongst them, and
not with an abstraction layer that uses them.

-- bob