RE: Invisible Submit

You could do something trick with an IFRAME or something that calls
another script passing the data via the URL/$_GET instead of submitting
a hidden form.  Or just record the data in the session variables and
process it that way.  If you're using PHP, there's lots of things you
can do to capture data without user interaction that doesn't require a
secret 'submit' function.

If you absolutely have to do some kind of submit, then you might be able
to do something via javascript, but I don't think it'd be necessary.
Using IFRAME or some kind of frames method, you can access another file
(passing variables to it or using it to snag session data) without
changing the appearance of the main page the user is viewing.  Again,
some javascript might be helpful in addition to some PHP Stuff.

-TG