Re: Capturing a sql query

I'd recommand u to use a serialized variable saved in ur database.
As in the an array of keywords saved in an serialized variable once
the form is submited to save the query.
e.g.
$searchQuery = array();
$searchQuery["Keywords"]= $_POST["keyword"];
$searchQuery["JobCategory"]= $_POST["category"];
$searchQuery["Pay"]=$_POST["pay"];
$s_sq=serialize($searchQuery);

then save $s_sq into ur DB.

now... u should have a page that shows the saved searches right?  now
by clicking on the saved search u should grab the data saved and query
ur database according to the query saved in $s_sq.

Simple isnt it?

About emailing the search agent results. I'd prefer pluging that into
ur mailing-list solutions. I mean try to query every user's searches
before sending an email so ull email users proper jobs according to
their searches and criterias.

Need explanation?
Hope that was of a help.

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:49:37 -0400, Joseph Crawford <codebowl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> stuart, the cron job is a schedule yes, you can setup a cron job to
> run every minute, hour, day, everyday at 3pm whatever...  You can have
> it execute whatever you want, in this case script.php in the
> script.php file is where you check all agents, create the sql and send
> the email based on the users email and thier saved agent keywords.
>

> --
> Joseph Crawford Jr.
> Codebowl Solutions
> codebowl@xxxxxxxxx