Security Question

I am accessing a database on my site from another site - I am not the only developer on the other site and there is the potential for someone to access the database for nefarious purposes from the other site.  Can I somehow protect the password and still have it work?

Or I had thought of this but I didn't know if it wuld or should work - include all my database routines in an include file and do something like include once "http://domain.com/include.php"; would that even work?

DDDDD     JJJJJJJJ BBBBB
DDD DD    JJJJJJJJ BBB BB
DDD  DD      JJJ   BBB  BB
DDD   DD     JJJ   BBB BB
DDD    DD    JJJ   BBBBB
DDD   DD  JJ JJJ   BBB BB
DDD  DD   JJ JJJ   BBB  BB
DDD DD  ..JJJJJJ ..BBB BB
DDDDD   .. JJJJ  ..BBBBB

Dylan Barber
(CIW Professional, A+ Technician)
Web Designer / Developer / DotNetNuke Portal Creator