RE: [SPAM] Re: [PHP-DB] Intellectual property rights

Michael,

I did not sign a contract, NDA, or any other paperwork when I was hired.
Just the standard government IRS / Tax stuff. I do not work in the IT
department nor does my position entail anything to do with IT,
programming, or any other technical task besides answering email.

Because
> > they are all Microsoft weenies and cant admin a server unless they
can
> > point and click their way to a fix they said php would not be an
> > acceptable language and mysql is not a proper database to run an
> > application on. I informed them I could rewrite this in asp.net and
> > place it on a mssql database. The IT director said they will be
having
> > the 3rd party company just take what I have made, convert it to asp
and
> > build off of it.
> >
> > I approached my supervisor about compensation for the work that was
done
> > since they are using my design. I was told "you gave it to IT, there
is
> > nothing I can do about it" I explained that this was given on the
> > condition that it would be shown to the VP and in hopes that I would
> > either gain a transfer to IT, be awarded a contract to provide the
> > solution and maintenance, or maintain my current position with a
slight
> > raise and I will maintain and built onto the application.
> >
> > I went up the chain to my supervisors boss and explained to them
what
> > had happened and that since they are using my design and altering it
> > another language that I would like to be compensated for my work. I
was
> > told that I did nothing but give them an idea and they were really
doing
> > all the work since what I did was not good enough and their
computers
> > could not understand what I wrote.
> >
> > The IT dept refuses to run anything besides Win Servers using IIS.
They
> > will not install PHP ( too many hacker problems they say).
> >
> > Did I just screw myself? Do I have any protection of my design? Can
I do