Re: MySQL fulltext search with InnoDB table?

I don't think there is anything you can do that won't require a full table scan. I think some people break out the field they want to do a full text search on into another table using the MyISAM format. So your "core" table is InnoDB and your full text search fields are in a related table that is MyISAM. This could actually help performance if it then allows your "core" table to have fixed length records (i.e. no varchar, text, etc.). But, of course, it all depends on your data and how you can break it up.