Re: Web page paginator that doesn't rely on the LIMIT clause

At 10:22 PM 3/08/2004, you wrote:
1. please answer to the list, not to only me (you break the thread)

whoops. sorry.

2. show us your data model if you need further help

AS AN EXERCISE, I would be interested to know if you can do this in one query, but I've pretty much decided to either code up or find a paginator class that will resolve my present issues. I figure even if this particular query can be done in SQL, I'm going to eventually run against a problem that can't.

Roughly, data model looks like this:

Table : Stock-Master
  Key (key)
  title etc.
  stock-on-hand

   /\
  /  \
Table : Stock-History
  Key (key)
  Year(key)
  Sales-Jan
  Sales-Feb
  Sales-Mar
  Sales-Dec

And what I need to do is loop through master records, grab history records for various years (which may or may not exist for any given key), add up multiple sales field within each history record, and compare this against stock-on-hand to decide if I want to 'output' the record or not.

Let me know if you want more detail. It would resolve the present issue if it can be done in a query(and improve my sql knowledge).