Web page paginator that doesn't rely on the LIMIT clause

Hi all,

I use the LIMIT statement to control paging of data, which works really well.

I now have a situation where I need to use some logic in addition to the query that will result in NOT ALL records being spat out. ie.

select * from x where y;
foreach result
    if (some condition)
        output;
    endif
endfor

So problem is I can't say LIMIT 20,20 on the query as logic may result in less than 20 records being spat out to screen.

I was planning on coding up a solution so that i just keep a count myself of how many records I have output myself and break at appropriate paging points, but I am probably re-inventing the wheel.

Anyone know of any good classes they are using that do this sort of thing already?
.
. Ross Honniball. JCU Bookshop Cairns, Qld, Australia.
.