Re: php, javascript and db - your help is needed

Hi Cohen,

It´s really trivial. You show put a block that tests if a student is
selected, like

<? if  (strlen($_REQUEST["student_id"])>0) { ?>
DO SOME STUFF

<SCRIPT>
/* And add this simple feature to select the student passed as parameter */
/* Assuming that the select is inside a form named 'f' */
function selectOption(selectName, value) {
  var s =  document.f.elements[selectName];
  var found = false;
  for (var i=0; i<s.options.length && !found; i++) {
    if (s.options[i].value==value) {
      s.selectedIndex=i;
      found = true;
    }
  }
}

selectOption('student_id',<?=$_REQUEST["student_id"]?>);
</SCRIPT>
<? } ?>