Re: PHP use in Federal Govt

Hi Mark

The US Holocaust Memorial Museum (Department of Interior) primarily uses
PHP for web application development. The reason is because the main web
server is Apache on Solaris.  IMHO, if you are using Apache on Linux/UNIX,
then PHP is probably your best choice.  If you are using IIS on Windows,
then .NET may be the most suitable choice. Of course, I am assuming that
Perl (too cryptic for casual developers), JSP (God forbid), and Cold
Fusion (anyone still using that?) are not being considered.

However, you may not have a choice if M$ is politically in the pockets of
your superiors at the top. Fortunately, that is not the case at my agency.

-- bob