Re: mysql results, arrays, and for loops

hope this code will help you

<TABLE WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="100%">

<?php

$db = mysql_connect ('localhost') or die ($MYSQL_NO_CON);
mysql_select_db ('database_name',$db) or die ($MYSQL_NO_BD);

$query = "SELECT * FROM table" or die ($MYSQL_NO_QUERY);
$result = mysql_query($query);

if (mysql_num_rows($result) > 0 ) {

$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

for ($i=0; $i <$num_rows; $i++) {

$row = mysql_fetch_row($result);

echo "<TR><TD>$row[0]</TD></TR>;
}

}else echo "no records found!";

?>

</TABLE>

Rui Cunha

Philip Thompson writes:

Hi all!

I am using a select statement to obtain all the dates whenever someone submitted a problem in a database. Well, I want to get the result (which could be multiple dates) and then print that in a table format with some other information on a webpage. So I want to use a FOR loops and go through each of the dates and dynamically create a table.

My question is: how do I store the results of the select query? Would I want to store them in an array, and then just parse through each element of the array, and what is the syntax for that? Or is there a better way?

Thanks,
~Philip