RE: Re: mail() function and AOL users

Hello!!

That's not always true.

I just sent mail using php to my AOL account, and it worked. The smtp
mail server doesn't have a reverse dns lookup.

His problem might be that the SMTP server he is using my be on the black
list.

http://www.ordb.org/

This will cause a ton of problems.

It took me 3 weeks to get off that list!!!

Anyway...

Instead of sending it like this...

mail($email, "application submitted", $message, "From:
employment@xxxxxxxxxxxxx\r\n");

Do something like this...

$text = stripslashes($text);
$subject = stripslashes($sub);

	$header = "From: $From\nReply-To: $From\n";
	$header .= "Cc: $cc\n";
	$header .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\n";
	$header .= "Content-Type: text/plain\n";
	$header .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bnoit\n\n";
	$header .= "$text\n";

mail($To, $subject, "", $header);

I alwasy like working with strings....

Dan