}

Really, offering your customers what they want is what we're all about - you have to take some responsibility for implementing snippets of code like this ;-)

Cheers - Neil

At 10:39 11/05/2004 +0000, you wrote:
From: "Ng Hwee Hwee" <hhwee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "DBList" <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:25:08 +0800
Subject: Re:  Edit with notepad

hi,

header("Content-type: application/vnd-ms.word"); is not what my customers
want. They may or may not want to save it in their harddisk.. but having the
header at the beginning of my page will force them to save it in their
harddisk. Some of the customers just want to view it on the web while others
want to view it in Word and possibly edit it and then save it.. how can i
achieve such flexibility for them?

thank you!!

regards,
hwee

CaptionKit http://www.captionkit.com : Production tools
for accessible subtitled internet media, transcripts
and searchable video. Supports Real Player, Quicktime
and Windows Media Player.

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.