Re: Edit with notepad

hi,

>header("Content-type: application/vnd-ms.word"); is not what my customers
>want. They may or may not want to save it in their harddisk.. but having
the
>header at the beginning of my page will force them to save it in their
>harddisk. Some of the customers just want to view it on the web while
others
>want to view it in Word and possibly edit it and then save it.. how can i
>achieve such flexibility for them?

This box is harldy ever a single option only.  There is usually both Open
and Save.
If you wish to give them the choice, create two links, one which goes to a
page with header() and one without.  Other ways i'm sure could be
built...JS Popup that reloads the parent window the the appropriate
action...

      HTH
      Jeff