Serious Problem: Eval'ing conditioned blocks!

Hi there,
I (still :-) ) have the code of my php pages stored in a database. A main
page parses this code using the "eval_html" function postet at php.net. This
used to work fine, but then I tried to employ conditioned blocks, e.g.
<? while (foo) { ?>
<? }?>

The function I use seperates this code in three parts (1st: <? while (foo)
{ ?>) and tries to eval every single one. This of course causes an error
because neither "while (foo) {" nor "}" is valid statement.
Anybody knows a workaround (that doesn't mean putting all HTML output in PHP
"echo" commands) ??
Thanks