Re: logic problem

Yes eventtime is a timestamp field (whatever mssql's version of mysql's
NOW() is) and the convert( varchar,eventime,110) converts the timestamp to
a date MM-DD-YYYY.

my problem is that with the count, it counts each card swipe, and i only
need to count one card swipe from each patron per day.  so if they swipe
their card multiple times, in my php script when i return the results, it
only returns one visit for each patron each day even if they have visited
two or more times.