Re: logic problem

How about:

SELECT convert( varchar,eventime,110) as date from events, badge,
   count(convert( varchar,eventime, 110)) as count
WHERE events.cardnum = badge.id and devid = '1' and
   convert( varchar, events.eventime, 110) BETWEEN '$startdate' and 'enddate'
AND type = '1'
GROUP BY convert( varchar,events.eventime, 110), badge