PHP vs. Flash

I'm not sure this post really belongs in this list, but I'll give it a try anyway..

Anyone who's ever worked with PHP (or any other serverside scripting language) vs. Flash has probably had his/her share of problems with passing variables back and forth between the two. Most of the time that can easily be solved by doing a loadvars() thingie in flash loading a PHP script that grabs stuff from for instance a database and pushes it back to the Flash file.
In this case, on the other hand, that would not work.

I'm working on a music gallery and I'm trying to get variables to a flash file which will be loaded several times on the same page, displaying small MP3-players... One for each file in a directory.

What I need is a way to pass the filenames to the flash file. I've done a readdir loop for getting the filenames.

Can you do something like <embed src="mp3player.swf?filename=<?php echo $file ?>"> ?? I haven't been able to get that working though..

Any other ideas?
I can't get the flash file to intuitively know what file to load on each load.

If you don't understand what I mean, take a look at this page: http://www.flashkit.com/soundfx/Ambience/Space/
Focus on the so called "Preview console". It's a small white box displayed once per file.
I refuse to think that this site is not built via dynamic stuff... Thus, there is a solution to my problem somewhere out there.. ;)

I'm soo sorry if this post gets disliked by the honorable members of this list.

Regards, Mike