Re: MySQL - separating web and database servers

On 19 Mar 2004 at 9:53, Matthew Vos wrote:

> Hi Piotr,
>
> Everyone else is suggesting edit all of the code.
> Alternatively you could setup an iptables rule which forwards all
> incoming requests on 127.0.0.1:3306 (or whatever port your mysql server
> is running on) to 192.168.0.1:3306 (repolace 192.168.0.1 wit the IP of
> your DB server).
>
> This way if your DB moves again, you change your forward rule.
> If, however, you try to put the PHP code on another system, you will
> need to either put the DB on the same system, or change the iptables
> ruleset for the new webserver.
>
> It's worth a shot.
>
> Matt Vos

OK, this is how I want it, but when connecting with localhost
in the connection string, unix socket is used, not the
networking...

It would be nice to have

default_connection_with_localhost = unix_socket|loopback

in my php.ini :) Even if one of them is better for most of the
cases. It's good to have a choice.

PB