Re: Impact of MySQL Queries

Think of bandwidth as the volume of data returned by the web server to the browser, not machine cycles.
MySQL will use machine cycles, but there's more to it than that. For fastest response the fields you are running the query against should be indexed.

What pushes you to 20 queries per page? That seems a little excessive, as each of those is a hit to the database. Are the fields indexed? Are they cascading queries, the second depending on results returned by the first, the third upon the second, and so forth?

Could you handle your returned result set by getting more data and grouping it?

More information is needed to answer your question properly.

Regards - Miles Thompson