Re: javascript question

                      Gamze Başaran
                      <gbasaran@tepeins        To:       "Php-Db (php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      aat.com.tr>              cc:
                                               Subject:   javascript question
                      03/08/2004 08:49
                      AM

Hi everyone;

First of all I'm sorry maybe I musn't send this mail to this list but I
think that someone can help me. Here is my problem:

I use pear templates. In my html template file there is an javascript like
this:

function validateAll (objForm){           if
(objForm.comp_prg.selectedIndex == 0) {
                                     alert ("You must choose something");
             return false;
             }
  Return true;
}

This code is true. But I want to use php variable in this code. Alert
sentence must be a php_variable. I try

Alert(<php $message?>); or
Alert(<php echo"$message";*>);

The tags are not valid php opening/closing tags, you alse have PHP and
Javascript sytax errors.  probably php-general is the best place for this
post.  Although this should work.

if you don't use a qoute(') in JS alerts then JS will think its a variable
name and not a string to be alerted.
Alert('<?php echo $message; ?>'); or
Alert('<?php echo "$message"; ?>');

hth