Re: mail() and sendmail configuration

Jason,

Thanks for the suggestions.

In regard to your question, no. A simple mail() invocation without the
attachment does not work, hence my sense that the problem is the sendmail
config.
I'm in the process of checking the logs and will repost if anything looks
promising.

David

Jason Wong <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/23/2004 11:10 AM

To:
php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 00:18, dpgirago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> This post is somewhat OT -- please forgive me. I've spent over 3 days
> trying to get sendmail configured and I've lost some patience and
> reasoning ability in the process.
>
> I have a Linux (RH9), Apache 2.0.48, PHP 4.3.4, MySQL GUI that creates a

[snip]

> If anyone has suggestions or knows of helpful links or
> tutorials, I'd be deeply obliged.

0) Does the simplest mail() invocation work at all?

1) Check the php logs
2) Check the sendmail logs
3) Ask on the RedHat list
4) Ask on the sendmail list