OCI8 Memory Leak?

Hi folks-

I am building an application which uses OCI8 functions (abstracted with
PEAR::DB) to perform queries against an Oracle 9i database. Here's my
platform info:

Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.2) on a Sun Ultra II workstation

Oracle 9i

PHP 4.3.5RC2-dev

Apache 1.3.29

Here's my problem:

Everything works well, but over time the Apache httpd processes start to take
huge amounts of memory: for instance: I checked this morning and each of the
apache processes running were using over 125MB per instance, and the server
had slowed to a standstill. The processes upon restart use between 15-20MB
per instance.

Is there something in the Oracle client configuration or in php/pear that can
lead to this sort of memory problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shawn