MySQL MaxDB mode

Hello!

Ive been studying some of the new features from mySQL and I noticed
that the timestamp autoupdate feature doesnt work in MaxDB mode
of mySQL.
ref : http://www.mysqlfreaks.com/mysql/manual_Reference.html

What I wonder is, whats the difference (in short words) of running in
MaxDB mode versus default installation? If MaxDB could be a
fedault installation later there should be no reason for me to let
mySQL autoupdate, rather hardcode as normal.

I always hardocde theese features, but it feels comfortable using
auto thingies, .) But only if theire not a problem in near future.

Kim Steinhaug