Associated popup menu (php/mysql)

Hello all,

I've been searching for hours and cannot find the answer or sample in in any
forum.

What is the best method (any sample or help would be appreciated), to
associate popup menus in a form. Choosing the first popup menu (Main
categorie) should provide to me the results for the second popup menu
(subcategory).

Ie : Countries --> states

I know that javascript can do this sort of things, but I would like to use
only php. Is that possible ?

I have two tables in mysql: Countries & states that can be associated by
id_country.

Thank you