From: php-list-replies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:php-list-replies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 7:30 PM
To: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  PHP Standalone? (fwd)

while php can be set up to do what you're after, i think that perl
would be a better choice.  while i use both php and perl, i think that
perl is a much stronger general scripting language.

if you need [web]server parsed pages, then php has an advantage (unless
you want to use mod_perl), but in a standalone environment i think that
perl will serve you better.