RE: apache/php/mysql - guarenteed DB transaction

<snip>
Suppose I have several DB transactions that I want to treat as 1
logical
transaction that I need to complete guarenteed.

For instance, an INSERT to one table, and a DELETE to another, and an
UPDATE
to a third. All need to complete once a user selects submit.

What's the best approach to this scenario?
</snip>

this is the pseudo code i would use:

start the transaction
INSERT
DELETE
UPDATE
if everything is ok, commit, else rollback