how can I delete a record from txt file

Hi;

I take users from Active Directory with ldap functions and put them in a
list menu. I have got two txt files. One of them hold the users which have
got internet access and one of them holds the users which have got speedily
internet access. Also may be a third file that hold the users which have got
limited internet access.

In my program I must write the selected users to these files. And may be
sometimes I must delete some users from these files. How can delete a user
from txt file. These files are also in use with some other programs.