Re: Multiple SQL queries

Arthur Pelkey wrote:

I am new this.
I have a page that has multiple queries on it, I want to do doing the
following:
Query a mysql db multiple times in the same page, but i must be missing
something, I keep getting these AFTER the first queryis successful:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL
result resource in /path/php_file.php on line line_number
Can someone point in the right direction on how to do multiple queries,
some are not querying the same db btw.
-Art

You need to make sure that you use your statement handles and connection handles so that the functions use the correct connection and such. Of course, that's a pain, so....

You could try using a Database Abstraction class, such as PEAR's DB to help a bit with this. Even easier, though, is to use something like DB_DataObject which encapsulates all of this for you AND gives you a handy place to store all of the data.

PEAR::DB http://pear.php.net/package/DB
PEAR::DB_DataObject http://pear.php.net/package/DB_DataObject

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>