Multiple SQL queries

I am new this.

I have a page that has multiple queries on it, I want to do doing the
following:

Query a mysql db multiple times in the same page, but i must be missing
something, I keep getting these AFTER the first queryis successful:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL
result resource in /path/php_file.php on line line_number

Can someone point in the right direction on how to do multiple queries,
some are not querying the same db btw.

-Art