Re: csv export...?

On the users computer...
When my bosses look at the reporting tool I built.
They are gonna hit the export link, and get directed to a page that let's them save the data as a csv file, for use in excel.
That's the code I'm working on here today...

ho hum... is it the weekend yet ;-)

David T-G <davidtg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

09/01/2004 16:33

PHP DB list <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Tristan.Pretty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: csv export...?

Tristan --

...and then Tristan.Pretty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...
%
% Getting there...
% That did indeed output my results to the screen...

Yay!

% Next steo is to output that same data to a new file...

A file on the surfer's computer or a file on your server?

%
% I've done downloads on my site elsewhere, using header(), but with
% existing files...
% I guess I need to learn how to use fwrite?

Only if you plan to store the result file on your server, and since you
have the DB there I don't see why you would.

HTH & HAND & HNY

:-D
--
David T-G                      * There is too much animal courage in
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.