Re: MySQL Insert via SQL?

ma wrote:

just a question: don't know it exactly: isn't it possible that the sql-user
on the server may not have enough rights to read the file?

Yeah, could be. The uploaded file is already somewhere that PHP can write to, though, so it's more than likely available for reading by any other user.

anyway, i would save the file elsewhere on the server, because there are
remarkable performance-issues with big data (tried it once with storing
images for a photo-gallery). it is much faster saving the file in some
directory and just save the path to the file in the db; which on the other
hand, can lead to synchronisation-problems. what do you think about this
topic?

I agree entirely. I wouldn't put the file in the database either. I gave up on arguing that though since people seem so determined to do it. :)

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com