Re: Selecting between using letters

Im on my way to bed so short do it yourself answer,

but you should look up the regex part of mySQL. I think you can
match the beginning and end of a coloumns entry. And using the
power of the regex function you could make a WHERE statement
for somethink like [a-e] if it was a-e you were looking for.

Remember ofcourse that you wuld need to use the regex syntax.
The page on mySQL covering the topic has a lot of examples.

--
Kim Steinhaug
There are 10 types of people when it comes to binary numbers:

"Doug Parker" <drparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> How would I create a select statement in MySQL that would return a range
of
> records from the LastName field where the value starts with a designated
> letter - for example, returning the range where the first letter of
LastName