Re: Downloading PHP source from a PHP filename, possible?

The only real way to do this is to set up a web service on domain 2 which responds to page requests by pulling the source directly as a file, without interpreting it as PHP code.

The function to use here is readfile("/path/to/my/php/scripts/on/webserver.php");
You might also want to set a header of Content-type: text/plain

Readfile does exactly what it says on the tin - it does not attempt to interpret the contained content, it simply passes it to the output stream. For this reason, while people commonly include() HTML in a PHP page, if it contains no PHP code you should use readfile() because it is quicker to run (it is not interpreted).

I would then in the calling page, put the PHP code into a <textarea></textarea> box so that the code can be viewed and easily cut + paste.

Be careful with the security of scripts like this - make sure you pass a numeric parameter, and convert this into a an array key which *looks up* the script filename. If you pass the filename direct, people *will* hack your web server to extract unexpected files you didn't plan on providing.

Cheers - Neil.