From: Matt Babineau [mailto:list_mysql@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 2:37 PM
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Splitting a CSV file

Chris,

If you are on a Redhat machine, you could try running a CLI command on
this.

Try looking up the 'split' command, it may solve your problem if you
combine it with some PHP.

-Matt

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 19:14, Chris Payne wrote:
> Hi there everyone,
>
> I'm writing an automation system to automatically insert data into a
mysql database from a CSV file, and it works great - until I try to
insert a large file, then it just doesn't do anything.

> I've set my PHP filesize to 10 Megs so that's not the issue, and a
server timeout isn't the issue either.  So, is that a way that I can
split a CSV file into 2 files if it's larger than a certain size so that
I can still use the automation I am working on?